Your Singapore Guide to Do-It-Yourself Marble Floor Polishing
Cleaning and polishing marble floors should be done regularly to maintain the surface’s original shine and sparkle. Since these surfaces are highly likely to wear down because of friction and acid spills, it is important that you always schedule a fixed maintenance schedule to prevent cases of chipping and breaking. If you don’t have the budget to contact a professional floor cleaner, don’t fret! In this article, we’ve come up with a complete guide to help you when sparking up your marble floor.
Polishing Marble Floor By Hand
- If you’re polishing natural marble, try removing the stain first by using a slightly dampened sponge and mild soap. You can also use poultice to get rid of tough and stubborn stains. For cultured marble, try going it at by using a nylon-bristled brush to scrub the surface with the cleaning combination of a non-abrasive household cleaner.
- For natural marble, begin polishing the surface by creating a cleaning solution with 3 tablespoons of baking soda and 1 quart of water. Apply the solution using a clean cloth then let it sit for about 5 hours. Once dry, polish until you achieve the level of sparkle that you prefer. For cultured marble, use a compound solution or a cleaning wax for cars.
- Once natural marble turns dry, buff it using a clean cloth and add a sealant to protect the surface. Cultured marble, on the other hand, dries easily and doesn’t require any follow-up maintenance.
Polishing Marble Floor By Machine
If you’re polishing the marble floor by machine, you need to use diamond polishing pads and an electric sanding machine. You will also need to wear protective goggles, hand gloves and a dust mask to protect yourself from injury and health-related complications. But before you polish the floor, follow these simple steps:
- Protect the surrounding area near the marble floor from any potential damages
- Peel off the wax and adhesive using a turpentine solution
If you’re doing marble sanding, you will need to go at it by following these steps:
- Use clean and cold water to cover the entire surface area
- Attach the sandpaper to the electric sanding machine
- Operate the machine in a side-to-side motion four times
- Mop and vacuum the floor afterwards to make sure no spots are missed
- Repeat the process from the second step until you are finally satisfied with the shine of the floor
- Mop and sweep the floor to make sure the surface is fully clean
- Add a microfiber pad to the polishing machine
- Put polishing powder on the surface
- Gently polish the surface using the machine with the microfiber pad attached to it
- Clear away the remaining debris using a mop and a broom
Keeping Your Floor Area Clean and Shiny
If you don’t have the time to do all of these steps on your own, then contact us here at Luce Maintenance Group to experience our cutting-edge marble polishing services. We will bring out the inner shine of your floor with a fast and easy marble polish process, making it look as good as new once again for your home or office.