Whether you have in-house office cleaners or you outsource an office cleaning agency, having a detailed checklist for daily, weekly and monthly office cleaning will help you maintain a spotless and sanitary workplace.
Daily office cleaning tasks involves a checklist for your reception, bathrooms or restrooms, and kitchen or pantry areas. It includes basic vacuum cleaning, moping, dusting to maintain a clean office.
Office and reception area:
- Empty garbage bins and replace garbage bags
- Vacuum covers and tangles.
- Sweep or vacuum hard floor surfaces.
- Dust furniture and office equipment, including work areas, seats, tables and computers.
- Disinfect level surfaces with a soaked cloth.
- Mop the hard floors with disinfectant cleaners.
- Clean light changes and ways to eject fingerprints and different impressions.
- Clean the glass windows and the entrances inside.
- Clean surfaces and dividers.
Bathrooms or restrooms:
- Refill paper towels, toilet paper and hand soap.
- Disinfect toilets and urinals.
- Clean mirrors, windows and glass.
- Disinfect bathroom surfaces, including entry handles, and towel or hand dryer accessories.
- Clean the divisions and eject the watermarks.
- Mop tiles and flooring.
Kitchen or pantry:
- Empty garbage bins and replace garbage bags.
- Wipe down counters, sinks, tables and chairs.
- Clean microwave oven, coffee makers and other kitchen appliances.
- Refill kitchen towels, dish washing liquid and hand soap.
- Mop kitchen floors.
Here's a list of tasks that you should clean weekly.
- Polish all hard floor surfaces.
- Clean the exterior surfaces of the glasses.
- Sanitize and deep clean refrigerators, microwaves and other kitchen appliances.
- Disinfect consoles and telephones.
- Vacuum clean mats and carpets.
- Scrub sinks and tiles in restrooms and kitchen area.
Monthly office cleaning tasks should be done every 4-6 weeks.
- Vacuum vents and office furniture material.
- Clean the window covers.
- Dust and disinfect hard-to-reach or covered places (i.e., along the highest points of windows, cabinets, ceiling fans, etc.).
- Polish any wooden furniture and hardwood surfaces.
- Organize and declutter office drawers and wardrobes and discard useless papers and files.
Keeping Your Office Clean
Now that you're familiar with the different steps to ensure your office is absolutely clean, it is time to impose this cleaning checklist from now on. This will help your office look spotless and sanitary at all times. You can also always outsource your cleaning for regular maintenance of your office.